View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Hello Andre,
I'm not sure what bottles you are going to use, but one of the very first systems I ever built was very similar. I uses 2 liter bottles, and attached a 3/4 to 3/4 PVC coupler. That way I can just slip it on and off of the PVC tubing for easy maintenance. I did need to grind down the threads of the bottle a little to get it to fit inside the PVC coupler.

I attached the coupler to the 2 liter bottles using a 2 part epoxy glue (picture attached). However, I now have a hot glue gun, and would use that now instead. You can get a small hot glue gun at wal-mart for about $5, and $3-$5 for glue sticks ($10 or less total). Personally I wish I had thought of using hot glue years ago on most of my systems. Silicone is good for waterproofing when applied correctly. But it's simply not durable at all, and dosen't work when used for structural support.

P.S.
The bottles worked OK, however they are not very durable in the long run. Now I would use the 4 inch wide ASD irrigation tubing for durability sake. Cutting it in 10 inch or so sections (the height of the bottles), gluing a end cap on the bottom. Then use a PVC through hole/bulkhead fitting to connect it to the PVC tubing. The ASD tubing is also black on the inside, and white on the outside, so it dosen't need to be painted either. But the 2 liter bottles were free.
Attached Images