View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Default Aeroponic cloner "activated"..... more questions..

Stan, thanks so much for the quick feed back and advice. The hurricane didn’t even phase us, winds gusted at 30 for a couple hours, and very little rain. Thanks for asking. Here’s what I’ve done and where I’m at as of today:

- I’ve moved the 3 seedlings into 2” net cups on the aeroponic cloner, on 2 of the 3 net cups I was able to place the neoprene collar. (see pic) We’ll hope for the best…..
- I’ve started 3 more rockwool cubes (2” cubes cut to fit the 2” net pots semi snuggly). New cubes (in their net pots) soaked in ph 6.0 for an hour prior to inserting seeds. No neoprene collars.
- New / additional seed types: Big Daddy Hybrid and Big Boy Hybrid (seeds I had from last year) – 2 seeds per cube, and the last cube I used the 2 remaining Heatmaster seeds.
- No nutrients have been added to the water (just balanced the ph to 6.0). FYI – I’m on a well so no “unnatural” chemicals, but left alone water runs about 7.5 ph. I use Roots® PH down.
- The aeroponic cloner bucket has been placed outdoors on my north facing, covered Lanai – no direct sun. Temps are running mid to upper 80’s, humidity varies from high to medium (it’s Florida….) see pics
Questions:
- I assume I will I no longer use the cfl lighting, correct?
- What do you recommend for sprayer timing, i.e. intervals and duration of each interval?
o I have a Titan timer that can do up to 10 on/off settings per day, but I also have a mechanical timer the can go on/off in 15 minute intervals.
o Being the new cubes just soaked, and the existing ones are still saturated, I’ve not started the timer – you have a suggestion on when spraying cycles should start?
o Should I aeriate the aeroponic cloner bucket? (I have an aquarium bubbler for the Dutch buckets).
o 4 of the netcups do not have the neoprene collars, should I make center holes in the collars and cover those (to block light?). In the pic’s you can see the “openings” around the sides.
Thanks so much for your help and advice! I’m determined to make this work and I’m certain I’m making mistakes / mis-steps along the way.

Gary in Florida
Attached Images