View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

So I think my herbs are big enough to go to their next home. I have the system built except a small hole for the air tube. So if the weather is too nasty to work on the strawberry towers I'm gonna transfer the herbs into their new bubbler system. I'm at work now, but will post picts later. Basically I just picked up a plastic window planter from Fred Meyers (hubby gets a discount there). There were indents where you could pop some holes in the bottom if you were planting soil, but I left them intact and made sure they did not leak. I cut a piece of foam with the shinny stuff on one side to fit and cut about 16 2" holes to fit my net pots. (drilled my finger just a tiny bit ) I'm gonna fill them with some perlite and add my plants. LIke I said, I still need to drill a small hole on the side for the air tube, but I think I can get the whole thing done in about 15 minutes. I will have to rotate the whole thing every few days or the plants will deffinately list to the window side. Next I'm gonna build a mini tower for some spinach and hang it from a shower curtin rod that will fit snugly into the window frame. It will be a recirculating drip system. I have room for maybe 6. I want to try the pipe instead of the water bottle design I have seen on the web.