View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Kitty does like the light, however I think I overwatered the resevior when I added in the first of the nutes a few days ago and soaked the cubes. I think some of them may be damping off which sucks. There are still seeds sprouting daily. I found a web site that said some hydrogen peroxide may help so I squeezed out the excess water out of the cubes and added a few drops of it to the stalk area where it goes down into the starter cube and in the resevior. IDK, they are still bent over this morning but they are green and the tops look good. I don't see any discoloring of the roots out the bottom or on the stock that I can see. I tore open a cube to look at the root inside the cube and did not see any discoloration either. It is just some of lettuce seedlings and maybe a tomato plant (or maybe I squeezed it too hard getting the excess water out of the cube because it was fine before I did that). The new seedlings that have come up over the last 2 or 3 days all look fine. I think I will go to town and get another try for the ones that still look ok to tray and save them. The others I probably should throw out, but I'm going to wait to see if that is really what it is. Anybody have any other ideas?
Attached Images