View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 AM

I am not a chemist, and I don't know the exact composition of the hydro nutrients you were sent, nor do I know the exact composition of the nutrients in the soil. But I can tell you the main difference between soil nutrients and hydro nutrients is the micro elements (nutrients). Soil nutrients don't really need the micro nutrients because they are found in soil, and you don't want them to build up causing toxicity's. To be honest if you want the best results, have the soil tested, then a fertilizer made specifically for your crop, and soil composition. As the plants grow you can send samples of the plant to a lab and they can tell you what it's in excess of, or lacking. Then you can adjust accordingly. Although if it's in excess of in soil it will be a big problem because you cant get rid of it, if it is lacking you can just add the necessary element to the soil.

P.S. I don't like it when a company just sends me what they have on hand, and just expects me to deal with it. That's just bad business practices. They should have let you know, so you can make the call. Personally I would have a big issue with that (weather it works or not), and likely never deal with them again. But that's me.