View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloman1976 View Post
Very good! You've been reading up. Now here's the problem with bleach, it can be used but it's not 100% pure bleach and it has "things", other chemicals, in it that result in a residue. Pool shock or pool chlorine is far superior and actually made for this perfectly, think no green algae in your pool as long as you chlorine it and that's what we're going for here. Pool chlorine is easy to get and SUPER cheap, a small bag treats thousands of gallons and that's essentially what DutchMaster's Zone is only it's specially made for hydroponics and for plants but pool chlorine will work.

I'm sure there are many people for and against this method, for people who want the absolute maximum harvest they suck it up and go with beni's and go through the pain of cleaning. For people who would rather have a 100% harvest rate at 85% of what they'd get with beni's they do the sterile method. So beni's are better in the end as far as production goes but more expensive and painful to buy and clean up after and if you mess up can result in major root issues and you lose your crops so...100% crop rate at 85% max yield or 85% crop rate at 100% max yield at a higher cost. The choice is easy in my mind plus I dont like cleaning up all the gunk lol...
So its the pool chlorine i need ...... Any idea how much id use for 30 ltr res and how often ?