View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:34 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Default 2012 strawberry towers for fair

So guy's I need some input here. I have 120 bare root strawberry plants that I got 2 days ago for the fair display. I have been keeping them covered with a damp towel like the lady told me to. I don't have a fridge I can keep them in. Hopeing to get the pipe for them tonight (waiting to hear from owner that the donation was ok'd) Now the delima, I know how I am gonna make the tower, but I don't have a greenhouse just yet and I'm worried about planting them too early. The forcast for today is rain and snow and the low temps for the next week btwn 29 and 40. The day temps from mid 60's to 40's. If I drape them in clr plastic and wrap the pipe with non-led christmas lights, will that keep them warm enough? I do have some windows for my green house that I guess I could utilize and just make a box around them with some 2x4's. I also have some sheets of 2" foam that I can cover them with at night kind of box them in and add a top. I can heat the nutes with some stock tank heaters. Is that gonna be enough? I will be making towers like these...

Attached Images

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 03-12-2012 at 12:39 PM.