View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 PM

True, I was needing to update the diagram. There will not be a secondary reservoir, no recirculation (which I hope is the most stable way for me to do this).

The trick for me will be to figure out a few things:
  • If I sink the reservoir into the ground it sounds like it would be more of a challenge to flush it, clean it out, etc? Is it worth it to sink it into the ground, or maybe find a solid white 55 gallon drum or something smaller?
  • How often do drips really run to be as efficient as possible, and at what rate? Does it run at night?
  • Should I just make the link drip into the middle or use a hoop style drip line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
After looking at the diagram http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/for...ion-system.jpg, I'm a bit confused as to why there is a need for a secondary reservoir? Is it because the tubes with the plants in it will be below the water level in the main reverser. Also what helps solve pH fluctuations/nutrient deficiency is a larger water volume, not how the water is delivered to the plants. Unless of coarse it's a non recirculating system (drip to waste), then water volume wouldn't mater.

Last edited by CrossOps; 10-09-2011 at 12:20 PM.