View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 01:46 AM

Hello Tesseract,
Sorry about the delayed reply, but Ive been real busy lately. You can try letting the cucumbers grow from the top down, but I think they would do better having them grow upwards like normal. The foliage will likely be able to get better lighting that way. I know you want to use a grow tent to reflect light, but it can cause problems and I don't think you will see much benefit in the the enclosure. Rather just cause heat build up, humidity build up, and air circulation problems that can lead to nutrient uptake and fungal disease problems. Not to mention height restrictions.

Pepper plants grow as a bush, not vine unless your growing indeterminate varieties. You'll have a hard time trying to take a 3 dimensional plant and train it to grow 2 dimensionally. You will have to do a lot of trimming and pruning trying to keep three pepper plants small enough to fit in a 4x4 tent. If you look up pictures of some, you can see how big they can get.

Yes, you can hand pollinate the cucumbers. You can use a small artiest paint brush, or a better way is by plucking off the male flowers and using the flower directly on the female flowers. Here are a few links on how to pollinate cucumbers:

Pollination of Vegetable Crops
How to Pollinate Cucumber Plants
pollinating cucumbers videos