View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM

Andy, my plants get around 10 hours of direct sunlight per day and the rest in shade. I've been growing aeroponically in the same spot for the past 4 years and have had very good success with tomatoes every year. Temp changes never seem to bother my plants. I've had almost a full month last year with temps in the 90's. I keep an eye on my reservoir temps that stay between 65 - 80 degrees depending on weather. If reservoir temps go above 80 degrees I put 2 frozen gallons of water in it to keep temp down. So far this year I haven't had to do so.

The only bugs I see around the tomato plants are usually ones that are pollinating the flowers. Never had problems with ants or any other types of bugs that might effect the plants.

I've been using Verti Grow nutes the last 3 years.
http://vertigro.com/images/products/...ls/FCombo.jpeg
The first 2 years I added nutes as directed. This year I have cut the amount of nutes in half and haven't noticed any changes at all. Will see what happens when the Heirlooms tomatoes start to get real big. Last year I had multiple 2+lb tomatoes hopefully will get the same this year.

I have never used the Flora Series of nutes. Just keep an eye on your plants in case of any changes. If the plants start looking unhealthy add more nutes. Check the PH regularly.