View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 11:35 AM

Default Follow up on update...

Stan, Thanks for the quick response. The wife and I already got both our Covid shots, the Pfizer version (the one we could get the soonest). We have a lot of family visiting from cold snowy Michigan between now and end of May, (five of them college students!) and we wanted to be as ready as possible.

On the lettuce, we have one more night possibly going to 39, I’ll cover green house and heat. Weathers been VERY strange, mid 80’s for days then 1 day out of the blue in the 30’s overnight, and then back to 80’s. Even our weather guy says he’s never seen anything like it. We’re in the 80’s while Michigan is in low teens – largest temperature difference I’ve ever seen since I’ve lived in Florida - crazy!

I’m going to start looking for strawberry plants locally (Lowes, Home Depot) but I doubt they’re available yet. Do you know of an on-line source for strawberry plants starting to bear fruit? I know they’ll kill me on shipping but it’d be worth it to get started.

On the runners, you mention “small pots” with soil. Can you suggest an ideal pot size and soil type (I.E. Vermiculite? Potting soil?). I can easily fabricate a shelf for the pots to sit on under the rail(s).

Thanks, Gary PS – Threw in a few more pics; Brussels sprouts, Green Pepper and the greenhouse
Attached Images