View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

My origional plan was to have 2 towers, one strawberrys and one flowers. I was able to get enough pipe for 4 towers so that I can have a back up at my home. If one goes bad, I'll just swap it out. I will try to find an online co that I can buy from in May because there will not be any available locally from the garden stores except maybe Home Dopey or Lowes. I also got enough 6" pipe for two systems so one I think will be a NTF with net cups and one will be a flood and drain planting directly into the medium through a slot down the center of the pipe (like the one at Bigalow farms). I just want to try and show several options for people to see. I also have left a contact for crop king to see if they can send me some stuff to hand out and specifally info on the fodder feed system that I think could be big in our area. I plan on using it next winter instead of buying hay.

I am not allergic to strawberries, I think mellons are the only fruit I have issues with

So did you get any of the snow in Arizona? We are forcasted up to 1" tonight so we will see.

Been looking at greenhouse designs and I think I might sink mine into the ground about 2' to 4' to help heat/cool. You need to hurry up and get that greenhouse finished so I can see how your underground system works!