View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:36 PM

see, the trouble im having is when i look at other peoples systems, theyre usually small scale for single, or a small group of plants, none of them really seem to be tailored for this size.. and i will be confined to a 32 square foot area to do this with.. so putting in multiple systems would just take up additional space

instead of scaling up techniques for smaller scale hydroponics, i may want to scale down some industrial methods for this.

the table i will build will have four, maybe 6 4x4 legs, the bottom section will be 3/4" plywood and will have a border of 2x10s or 2x12s that will by fixed below the 3/4" plywood table, and extend 6-8 inches above the table to act as the dies as well

inside this a plastic tarp will line the bottom and sides, and then a rubber strip will be glued around the top of the walls so itll act as a gasket when the top piece (probably 1/2 plywood) is layed on top

ive seen drilled PVC used for large scale aeration before, works quite well...

if anyone things something other than deep water culture would be better for the project, let me know