Thread: new system
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 AM

I am growing a variety of bell peppers and some serrano peppers. I am going to the green house to find 4 pepper in a week to replace the tomatoes so I only have peppers in the pipe system. The bell peppers are green, yellow, red organic seed peppers. I have some purple peppers and some chocolate colored ones as well.

I am constantly changing the light setup to fit the growth process. I am working on a design that will look like an upside down U shape on a block and tackle system so it can be raised and lowered to accommodate pepper height. I decided at this time to concentrate on the lighting for the peppers and strawberries. the tomatoes are just for fun and to see if they can be trained. total experiment.

Thing will change as I start new Job on Monday to support my business plans. They are 10 hr days and 80 miles one way from the house. I live in rural northern MN so work is were you can find it. So my plants are gonna go through withdrawals from seeing me to only seeing me once a day and more on days off.

I hope to be moving 2 of the systems to our greenhouse in couple of week. I will post them pics after it is set up correctly.

I am having issues with my strawberry grow. I am now changing the system around and have 36 3in pots and 13 3/12 in pots in the new system and am going to drip feed them. I am buying day neutral strawberries. I will see if I can get that correct as flood and drain did not work correctly would loose cash that way so it is drip to waste or to storage and will check the waste for nutrient strength and stuff to see if it is reusable or plant food for soil garden and house plants.

I am designing total artificial light grow on strawberries. After I get them growing correctly we working on a pick your own in a high tunnel operation at the same time hopefully next year it will up and the following year in the pick your own full run operation. really depends on how many crops we can get with our day neutral berries. not worth the effort on 1 to 2 crops a year.

Last edited by crad; 06-26-2011 at 12:49 AM.