View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default fun guy

So is any one growing? i just watch mike rowe on dirty jobs and they showed a mushroom operation. looks simple.

Its not the hydro part that is needed but the sophistication that we bring in automation that makes for the bigger better yeilds.

I read trained pigs hunt triffles down but you have to stop the pig from actaully getting the truffle as he will eat it. Never had a truffle before but i can tell you a pig is not bad.

I have a stand up freezer in teh garage i was thinking of rigging into a multi shelf mushroom management storage growing facility. stuff in some temp and humidity sensors from the growtronix.

Does this sound right?

do open flats of mushrooms know tops over them. so when your web can can see. maybe put a small grean led light insade for the web cam for timelapse ro just have the light come on for the 2 seconds the picture is taking?

temp and humidity sensor inside witha small compture fan for circulation and even heat and humididty from top to bottom.

How do you add humidty? i'm thinking a fogger or maybe thats to much to quik. or maybe its just a bowl of water inside that is evaporating? could have alid that opens and closes? not sure about this one.

heating is easy with lots of options. not going to take much to heat insulated freezer. plus I could hook the freezer up incase i had a over heat and have it pull the temp down? or with heat and the freezer cold i might have better control over the climate. but would know that untill i saw some data from the graphs.

i love the thought were worried about sterile, the we mix up some cow patties for food for the little guys.

I'm justa poor white guy that buys teh regular white mushrooms for spagetti in the stores. any one have a favorite that wont get me to high. what is that really big one that they pick up here in teh northwest i see them or here about them getting a good chunk of change selling them.

Seems like you need air control as well as adripp system for control. maybe even have buried dripp system to keep mold and such on the surface down. the water evaporating throgh the dirt may be the humidty needed and a small dehumidifier with a drain tube to the out side of the fridge would be the trick.

I though musrooms grew when it was cold around here? or do they grow even better when there warm? i assume they would.

With some help here i will put a grow together and hook up a web cam. a sealed fridge should be great isolation and a clean room, minus the cow pies. clean lol. maybe when they first drop.

will a green light work like in a grow room?