View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:00 AM

Hi again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGM View Post
Excellent thanks Luches! I notice you have 0 for both Potassium Sulphate and Diammonium Phosphate, that is if want to increase the Potassim and Phosphate i gather,...
Right! Diammonium Phosphate is rather uncommon and expensive, Potassium Sulphate is a classic and often used. The only disadvantage with Potassium Sulphate is that it dissolves very slowly and only in lots of water. In case you'll use it in higher quantities (up to 100 gr per batch), remember to mix like hell, perhaps use a stick- or cocktail mixer.

Quote:
what about Nitrogen what whould you use if want to increase the nitrogen levels but not calcium?
That isn't actually an issue. I used calcium chloride in this formula to increase calcium content, without exceeding Nitrogen. In most cases, Calcium Nitrate provides (amazingly) just the right Nitrogen-calcium requirements. It's mostly about how to provide enough calcium, without getting to high Nitrogen levels. Here our calcium Chloride comes in. But only use it as a additive, as it contains much chloride. Plants do need chloride and can tolerate up to 90-110 ppm.

Quote:
I will just used this formular for my first grow and see how it goes from there.
If you use this as an ONE formula solution (in much lower concentration as 1.7 EC) be aware that calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and Fe are running a bit low. You can start (even germinate) your seedlings with 1.0-1.3 EC without a problem. But do not feed them for too long with that diet, increase it gradually to get to final 1.7 (up to 1.8 if you like) before transplanting them. I have tested it and had best results with 1.2 EC from start for seedlings. Tomato seedlings can be grown with this strength in hot climate. You can use the very same formula up to EC 1.9-2.1 if you want to push - but I wouldn't recommend having higher concentrations, because N-content is getting to high then. In case you want to grow with higher EC, a different formula with higher K content (+ potassium sulphate) is strongly recommended.

Best of luck an cheers!
Luches