View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 PM

Thanks, fintuckyfarms! I'm having a lot of fun! Yours are really looking great, too!

So I finally put a little effort in on determining age on some of these. I've not been all that consistent, but am now trying to include number of days based on my initial pics the day they were added. I also double-checked the seed packages and slots in the system to get the names more precise.

Lettuce on the right is mostly 30 days in the system

Buttercruch, 30 days in

Oak Leaf, 30 days in

So far I only have two real issues:
1. A couple of the plants are a bit wilted. The leaves aren't firm as they should be. Roots are white, nutrient TDS, pH, and temp seem fine. Right now I'm thinking the two bubbler hoses need an airstone, since they're producing pretty large bubbles. Also, I haven't flushed and re-mixed new solution yet, and it's been about 30 days.

2. I have a critter of some sort. We have a lot of banana slugs here (crazy huge), but no slime trails so I'm thinking they haven't found the lettuce yet. The chew marks look to be from a small rodent, but my tubes are raised about three feet off the ground. Not sure if field mice or shrews would do this. Only one plant affected so far:

Something's eating on this one