View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 PM

Hey all-

The current draw issue isn't a big deal. The heater has a high/low setting. The high is 1500W and the low is 750W. The heater ALWAYS stays on low so it is never drawing more than 750 watts. The circuit this is on is independent and supports only the hydroponics setup. So I have the heater (750W), two 100W equivalent cfl's (23W draw each for 46W total), the led panel (14W), and the air pump, maybe 100W or so? Not sure. So total draw at any given time on this circuit is a grand total of 910 Watts. I am totally safe.

The growth continues to be impressive. The two CFL's in my Bubba fixture and the LED panel are more than enough light to make my little indoor garden ROCK. I had planned on doing a nutrient change today and stepping up to the "Aggressive Growth" strength of the GH nutrients but I didn't get around to it. Maybe tomorrow. I'm not really sure it is even worth it to be honest.

And the pics. The first picture is one that was taken two weeks ago when I had just planted my tomatoes, just for reference purposes. Check out how much everything has grown since then. It has all more than doubled, it's amazing! I am still fascinated with how well this works despite the lack of any soil and just artificial light.

More coming next week.

Two weeks ago.

Today, this stuff is getting big. What a change in only two short weeks.

Last edited by PaulF; 03-31-2011 at 10:13 PM.