View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:27 AM

Yay for updates with pics!

Blossom End Rot continues. I know they say this is an easy thing to cure but I don't believe it. One variety of tomato (not sure what it was but it doesn't exist in the setup anymore) literally got BER on every tomato of my beautiful clusters. When I saw that, I said screw it and ripped them out. I left some others (Black Zebra I think) that hadn't been exhibiting BER so much, but they are starting to show up with it. Not every fruit, but a significant amount. This fruit is the largest I have grown to without getting BER though. That has to count for something.

I planted 4 new varieties which are doing very well. They are Brandywine, Genuwine, Roma, and Super Sweet 100. Growth is fantastic and clusters and flowers are already forming. the average bottom leaf is over 12" long and very lush green. Super Sweet is doing the best as the clusters have already started their flowering.

So the laundry list of changes.
1. Bumped nutrients to about 2.6EC + .5EC Tap water =3.1EC overall.
2. Began adding 60mL of CalMag to help. I think I'll bump this up to 100mL soon though.
3. Added Brandywine, Genuwine, Super Sweet 100, and Roma.
4. Vented my HID lamps with fan and duct work.
5. Instead of mylar for the sides, I'm using a foam board that has a reflective surface.
6. Temps are about 79F during the day and about 55-65% humidity.
7. Moved my lights up to the ceiling. This gives the plants about 6ft to grow.
8. Have a fan gently blowing in the give them some air flow.
9. Fruit set is awesome, BER sucks.
10. Watering is set every hour for 15 minutes.
Attached Images

Last edited by JHazzardB; 04-07-2015 at 02:05 PM.