View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamon View Post
each bucket is its own nutrient. it is a DWC (deep water culture) system and each bucket has its own air stone. they are 3gal buckets but i only have about 2-2.5gal in there right now. when the roots grow more i will decrease it.
Sorry, I just read this post. This wouldn't change what I have described for the winter though it defiantly does for the summer. For this you could use a system like the coils and Styrofoam that I described earlier, but you would need to run a separate feed and drain line to and from each bucket. You would also need a serge tank for the pump and to run the lines from. I will need to draw it out because it is kind of confusing to explain. Though I would seriously consider changing the design so that all the plants were using the same nutrients. For that you would just need a base container big enough to support the plants and wide enough for the plant spacing keeping in mind the size of full grown plants. Make the holes where needed, paint it if needed. Then it should only take you a few minuets to transfer the nutrients, plants and air stones to the new base container. This will also make it much simpler to design the coils and Styrofoam cooling system if still needed, as well as changing the nutrients out.