View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 AM

The first synthetic hydroponic nutrient was first developed in 1859, hydroponics or water culture has been around since the 1500s. that's before there were synthetic and chemical fertilizers.

That's why I use the words synthetic nutrients and organic nutrients.

The difference is simply that organic nutrients, don't contain any harsh chemicals that are harmful to the environment. Organic nutrients allow a slow release of nutrients, enabling the plants to have a consistent source of food, and encourage healthy growth, of naturally occurring beneficial organisms (which aren't in synthetic nutrients). Which means you cant chemically burn up your plants.

I don't have a ppm meter and have never used one, I use a feeding schedule as recommend by the product brand, and it seems to work very well. All I check is the ph in my system. Growing hydroponically with totally organic nutrients is actually easier and cheaper than growing hydroponically with man-made chemicals by eliminating the need to balance different nutrient levels with ppm and pH in the water reservoir eliminates most of the problems associated with hydroponic growing.

Last edited by CAPT38; 03-11-2013 at 02:35 AM.