View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Thanks for your ideas, I was just wondering if anybody has actually tried it. The hydro shop lady did not try to sell me anything, just mentioned something she has been researching and testing that might work for my situation. We discussed using it to rinse the sprouts instead of plain water to decrease the chance of mold. I can't use anything with copper on sheep as they are quite sensitive to it but it would probably be ok for the chickens. I was just using the quote to I found so you could see what I was talking about as I sometimes go on and on and everybody gets confused at the end. I also saw a site that claims freezing the seeds before sprouting reduces mold, but there was not any research to back it up; just the arthors observations.
I don't think that I have to wory about it wearing off because fodder is seed to feed in 7 days.
I am just trying to research animal fodder to see if it would be an option for my situation. I have watched several videos on youtube and several from different manufactors and at this stage I am just trying to gather info.
I did try some compost tea last year on the pumpkins in the DWC and was not really impressed the results.
Niki seem really excited about the prospect of treating for powdery mold with this casting tea so I thought I would pass it on. Take it or leave it, I will be waiting for her results.

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 04-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.