View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Hello mindoverflow,
Well I meant to reply to your question before, but got sidetracked. That's sounds like quite a complicated question, especial due to all the unknown variables. But it's not as simple as pouring more nutrients in any given amount of water, or at a specific time. Also the system design and amount of plants your growing play a big part in efficiency for any commercial operation. If you haven't grown plants hydroponically, I suggest starting a small scale setup to work out the bugs first, before jumping directly into a large scale setup. I know it's tempting to just go full scale, but you will simply save yourself lots of time, money, and frustration by testing out the system/s on a small scale first.

nutrient testing and monitoring, plant tissue analysis, water quality testing, custom nutrient for your specific plants and water quality, climate control, pest and disease issues, water temp control, weather to use beneficial microbes or UV light treatment to control pathogens and root diseases in the nutrient solution. These are just some of the issues you will want to work out before going full scale on a commercial operation.