Thread: new system
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM

The rubber ends are for cleaning purposes. the caps remove as well and I have a dust mop with an extending handle for cleaning the pipes.
The pump is a 600gph mag drive in a 18 gallon container which is almost to small. the pipes hold 36 pepper plants 4 cherry bomb tomatoes and 2 ever-bearing strawberries.
Yes the valves are for regulating and isolation. I am installing valves on each tube drain for regulation of solution height. I am finding it hard to even the flow out on the pipes. I started buy using rubber grommets on the drain end and using a pipe to regulated height of solution in pipe. Then the solution sat dormant in pipe and I could see long term problems with that. So with the valves on the exhaust I can regulate height and still dump the pipes completely between cycles. exhaust = Drain
The lights are t-8 fixtures with 8000 kelvin bulbs in them I adjust the height to adjust the intensity of the light. I am going more for spectrum color then I am intensity. I want some intensity but am unsure as to how much yet.
I will take some pics in the afternoon and some after dark so the effects of the light can be seen.
they are now in color and day and night shots
Attached Images

Last edited by crad; 06-06-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: to add pics