Thread: Nutrient temp?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:38 AM

by
Quote:
5L or 1-1/4 gallon reservoir as mentioned earlier
I guess you mean what I call the a heater.

I am obviously not understanding the type of heater you are talking about.
Quote:
they do not turn on by water pressure or flow, but in fact strictly thermostatically
then they must be submersible, or it would be on 24/7 even with no water flow. The ones I am familiar with connect to the to the household water line then to the faucet. Then when you turn on the water it can tell how much water is flowing and will turn on when it is flowing enough heating the water instantaneously.

Quote:
The circuit (actually not shown integrally) here is a separate and closed circuit, no nutrient actually flows through it, but tap water. The main hose only (connected to the heater's in- and outlet - as in yellow and blue) gets dropped (lays) inside one or several nutrient reservoirs and heats it indirectly.
If I understand correctly this is a similar design I have for cooling, just running ice water through it instead of hot water. Though it requires water flow, without that it's just a coil of water that heats up and retains the same temp as the nutrients. If there is no water flow how is it suppose to heat? Seems to me it is about the same thing as connecting a hose to the hot water line and submersing it into the nutrients, then the other end of the hose would be spitting out water somewhere. Seems like a huge waste of water that way.

If it's a coil inside a nutrient solution I don't see a way to heat it without water flow through the coil and something controlling that water flow. I think I simply don't understand the type of heater you are using. Do you have a link to one?