View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 AM

As mentioned this is a continuation of my last post because there were too many pictures for one post...

Once the top section was attached enough so I could reach the rest with the 8 foot ladder, it was time to attach the long sides. I attached it to the 2nd horizontal runner from the ground on the top "A" frame section. And again pulled it tight. Then I overlapped the top section to the last horizontal runner down. Then I attached all the rest of the poly strapping, and cut the excess plastic covering off.

For the doorway I attached the poly strapping all around the door frame before cutting it out so it would remain tight. The poly strapping is 2-1/2 inches wide, so I lined it up so I can fold the same piece around the edge of the 2x4 door frame. Then I cut the doorway plastic out, folded the excess strapping around the edge and screwed that in as well. Then again just trimmed off the rest of the excess plastic greenhouse film. I already have the door built, but not installed yet (you can see the beginning of it in the first picture). It's a very solid door, that I not only screwed the heck out of, but I also glued the heck out of it with liquid nails. I'm just waiting a few days for the liquid nails to cure properly before I paint it white too. Then I'll attach the greenhouse film to it the same way I did the doorway before hanging it. Now I'm working on pluming all the grow beds to the reservoirs.
Attached Images