Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 PM

Assuming the stuff is a complete hydroponic nutrient, and not just an additive, and/or need other parts to work well. If the stuff costs $290 per gallon, that's not what I would really consider cost effective. That comes out to 15 cents per gallon of nutrient solution.

237mL per cup
16 cups per gallon
237x16= 3792
3792 divided by 2 (capt38 said 2mL per gallon)= 1896
$290 divided by 1896= $0.15 per gallon

I don't know if that even includes tax and shipping, If not it would just cost that much more. I prefer to use nutrients like the verti-gro and/or JRPeters nutrients that cost around $0.02 per gallon of nutrient solution. Going by the price Stan gave of the Golden Tree stuff, It's more than 7 times more expensive. Not to mention you need to shell out a large chunk of money right up front.

Even if I wanted to pay as much as $0.15 cents per gallon of nutrient solution. I would just use GH MaxiGro/MaxiBloom nutrients. Depending on the size and price where you get it, the Maxi nutrients come out to between $0.10 and $0.15 cents per gallon of nutrient solution. And you don't need to shell out $300 all at once. You can just buy the small 2.2 lb quantity for about $15 or less.