View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I use about 1 tsp per gallon,
That's about 5mL per gallon, half what I use with the flora series at 10 mL per gallon. Though it cost about the same for a gallon of the flora series as it does for a gallon of flora nova at about $80+ that's about 3 times the cost per gallon of the flora series. Although with the flora nova you don't need 3 bottles. I am a little unclear if it needs to be mixed or not. It seems that there is Gro and Bloom, and you said you haven't used the bloom yet. So I would guess that all you use is the Gro. Basicly that all 3 parts of the flora series are in the one part of the floranova. In other words the cost of all 3 bottles of the flora series are in the one bottle of floranova. But at the same time you use half the amount per gallon making it more cost effective.

Quote:
the grow is very thick (like Molasses)
I cant imagine how you even measure it if it's that thick, not to mention how you will ever get it all out of the bottle. Also I read this from general hydroponics website, "Remember that due to its high concentration, FloraNova must be shaken vigorously before each use!" How would you possibly be able to shake it up that thick, molasses is about twice as thick as honey.