View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Hello oTOMMYo,
There are so many points here I wont be able to cover them all. But bottom line Unless you want to experience problems I wouldn't put much stock in the advice of someone that apparently believes everything a product manufacture tells them.

First, I don't believe in information from product manufactures or sellers. There is only one reason they write or post anything, and that is simply all designed around promoting products they have to sell you. There isn't any, or very little truth in what they tell you. They don't care about anything but selling you products. I sent you plenty of articles whiten by actual EXPERTS. If you don't want to believe me, that's fine read the articles I sent you and decide for yourself.

Second, While there is some truth to the points helloman1976 has mentioned. They are way out of context and not the whole truth. As an example: Yes, you can kill microbes with H2O2, but you can easily kill your plants as well. In order to kill ALL of the microbes in your nutrient solution you would need to use so much you kill your plants as well. Again I ask you to read the articles from real EXPERTS that I sent you. You wont find that any of them recommend using H2O2, bleach, fungicides etc. for any other reason but damage control when there is no other choice, or sanitizing the systems between grows. And there is a very good reason for that. It's the same reason that chemotherapy is a last resort. Chemotherapy can be effective in killing caner, but you can kill yourself in the process.

Third, the descriptions of smelly, dirty and slimy nutrient solutions described by helloman1976, are only the result of using the wrong type of microbes, and/or using them incorrectly. While I do agree there is no benefit to trying to grow organically using hydroponics, there is a huge difference between growing organically and using beneficial microbes in hydroponic systems. Understanding what your doing is the difference. Again, I sent you plenty of information on both written by experts for you to not only know the difference, but also be able do either correctly.

Fourth, I don't know of one commercial operation that actually uses H2O2 or bleach in their hydroponic systems (other than sanitize the system between grows). That is just manufactures propaganda to get you to buy their products. When used correctly, beneficial microbe are 10 times cheaper to use than bleach or H2O2 in hydroponic systems. I've already told you a little goes a long way. Once inoculated, you don't need to continue inoculating if you know what your doing. In fact doing so only causes problems. Again you have plenty of reading material written by experts (not product manufactures) to decide.

P.S.
Yes, it is true that chlorine is a plant nutrient, but your nutrient solution is a balanced nutrient and already has enough in it. Anything more than and the level of it raises to TOXIC levels.
iv seen product called pool zone its calcium hyfrodrite?<< something like that..... I think that would work? Right ?