View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
You are trying to grow fruiting plants with florescent lighting. If you want to actually get good produce from it you'll need to switch over to HID lighting. Or step up your florescent lighting 10 fold. Florescent lighting looses intensity very quickly, and you will need to surround the plant with lighting from all sides (not just from the top). For my money I would switch to HID. That is unless your supplementing the florescent with natural sunlight, then it might work if the natural light is good enough.

P.S.
I know it's not the best news, but I wouldn't be doing you any favors if I didn't warn you about potential problems before you experience them. Also you don't need to humidify the whole room, just the seedlings. A humility dome doesn't cost anything to run, but it seems you would need two of those humidifiers to get the rooms humidity up to 70%-80% humility. Don't skimp on air circulation as the plants get bigger either..
Hey Don't Fret.. To Hear The Real Deal Is Best... For Me its About Cost$ $$$ Plus To hps & HID Are Very Sensitive & Needs More Care Plus To Run Them Cost Wise Is Double Of Which I Want, I Have Seen People With Good Results But Never Show Or Explains Steps One needs To Take Or Go Threw Growing Under T5 (432watt x 40,000 Lumens).. My Setup Is Only 2ft x 4ft x 6.5ft... Also I Run Fan 24/7.. I'm Doing This To Learn And Because I Have Nothing To Do