View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 AM

Well I'm a bit behind on my October first target date, but what else is new. Not by too much though, and it's still a bit too hot these days anyway. I think we have had our last 100+ degree day this year today, it should be in the mid 80's in a week or two. Anyhow I have decided on the pots I will be using, and planted some test pots. The sprouts in the picture are 5 days old from the time I planted them. That's good news, looks like my expected timing from seed to sprouts in 7 days is a little ahead of schedule. I'll be using a few less seeds on the next test batch though. The light green sprouts are common basil, and the darker sprouts are dark opal (purple) basil. Their growing in pure coco fiber (coir), and I just added a very dilute nutrient to the water today.

I have been real busy on the greenhouse the last week or so. It dosen't look like much progress, but it's a lot of work to clean out the grow beds properly, as well as apply the waterproof pool liner tape. If I didn't clean them out well, the pool liner tape wouldn't stick properly. I'm a little more than half way done applying the pool liner tape to all the grow beds. By the time I'm done with that I will have about 60+ hours of labor invested in just cleaning them out, applying the tape, and re-attaching the corner blocks on all the grow beds. I'm basically getting between 4 and 6 hours of work done a day. I added a few pictures of how it looks with the tape applied. The tape is 4 inches wide, and I had to build my own tape dispenser that you can see in the pictures.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 10-05-2012 at 03:04 AM.