View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 AM

Ok, more pictures to post. These pictures are mainly of the Sub "T" system. There are two inline fans in each system. The larger one has both a 10 inch, and 6 inch fans. The smaller sub "T" system has a 8 inch, and 6 inch fans. The fans are located in the horizontal metal ducting, right where the power cord comes out from. In one if the pictures you can see where I drew arrows on them to remind me which direction the air flows/goes before installing them.

I put screening on the opening of the lid of the sub "T" system where the cool air comes out, that is to keep bugs, mice, lizards etc. form climbing in and then dying inside it. It would be quite stinky if they did. The 6 inch down tube inside the sub "T" system that the ducting is connected to is 6 inch thin wall PVC tubing. It's in two pieces to make it easier to do maintenance. The bottom piece has a lip attached, that seats flush. In the picture you can see I also attached a venting air diffuser to it. That was to push the air to the sides (into the systems tubing) rather than straight down. However I will be doing some changes to the system later and taking the air diffuser out.

On the taller section of the 6 inch PVC tubing, I attached a collar that easily slides right down onto the shorter piece, and is air tight. I forgot to take pictures of that part. Well I only needed to make one collar because the other section of the 6 inch PVC that I bought was an end piece, and had a flared end for connecting sections of tubing together. So it had a ready made collar already. The blue stuff around the tubing is rolled foam insulation that I wrapped around it. As a pre-cooling system I added a couple of misters in the tube as well. I just drilled a couple holes large enough for the mister heads to fit through, stuck them through as I warped and duct taped the water line around the 6 inch PVC. I can switch from one mister to two misters simply by turning the inline valve. Or not use any misters at all by simply turning the water off.

I also took pictures of the water spickets inside the greenhouse. I have two of them. I also have two water line splitters with large easy quick on/off valves. I can connect up to 5 hoses, but don't expect to need more than 3 inside the greenhouse at most (1 for the sub "T", one for the swamp cooler, and one for a short hose to use for whatever).

I also took pictures of the 6 inch flexible ducting. It goes all the way up to the top of the greenhouse, because that's where the hottest air is. I just tied it to the framing using wire. At the top opening of the ducting, I attached some window screening to keep most bugs out. I made screen covers for the damper vents as well. I made two for each, so both sides will have a screen inside as well as outside. I ran weather stripping around the edges of the damper screens too. That makes the seem bug proof.

For now I have box fans blowing the hot air out the vents. But when the swamp cooler is up and running (next spring), the cool air coming in through the swamp cooler will blow the hot air out of the top vents. That is once I finish the weather stripping around the door frame (in a few weeks).

I have been working on getting the electrical done. I'm about half way done digging the 30 foot long, 18 inch deep trench to run the line form the beaker box to the inside of the greenhouse. I should have the electrical installed Monday or Tuesday.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 08-17-2012 at 04:18 AM.