View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 AM

OK,
That's a really good price on the general hydroponics pH testing kit. Usually they run $6.95 to $8.95.

You do need some pH adjusters. I assumed you already had some otherwise how are you trying to adjust them? If you already have some I'm not sure why you would spend more money when you don't need to.

Also I don't think you have a problem with the brand of nutrients you are using. But if you have the extra money to spend, and want to buy the flora series nutrients, go for it. their good nutrients (just expensive). If so don't bother much with their mixing chart. For full strength nutrient solution, use equal amounts 10 ml per gallon of each part for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers. I have used the flora series a lot myself in the past. But if you don't have extra money to spend don't bother. If you really need help with the math of what you already have, I will help you with it so you don't need to spend money you don't need to.

You also simply don't need to spend money on any cal mag product. It is good in some circumstances, but not in your case. Especially if you don't have money to waste. You can add all the cal mag you want, but the plants will never be able to take it up if the pH is incorrect, and just adding more wont make them use more. They only take what they need, and any balanced nutrient solution will already have plenty in it.

You can test the pH all you want, but if you don't use the right drops you still don't know what your pH is. I've been trying to get that across to you, but you keep avoiding it. Even telling me your pH is between 5.5 and 5.8, and I know that's not true because you cant be that accurate with drops (even GH drops), and the drops you do have don't even go below 6.0. So unless you bought or borrowed a pH meter you couldn't even come close to telling that range correctly. If you did barrow one, Then I would ask how you know it's calibrated correctly, and functioning correctly.

The only thing you need right now is to get the pH drops so you can actualy tell what the pH is. Bottom line, if I were you I wouldn't waste money on anything on your list right now except the pH drops (and I guess the T'5 if you want to try using them). Once you get the pH drops and test your nutrient solution with it, we can see where you are at that point. Tell then there is nothing to do but wait for the right information.

P. S.
Yes your doing fine learning, just keep in mind I just can't help you if I don't have accurate information to work from.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 10-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.