Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

General Hydroponics

Old 02-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Default General Hydroponics

Hi Folks, Another question, I bought General Hydroponics Flora-Gro (quart) for my 12 gallon reservoir, 6 plant set up. After doing some more research (reading Ron's site), I got the impression I have to also mix it with Flora-Micro and Flora Bloom for the nutrient to work correctly. Is this the case, or will just Flora-Gro work? I have had a clone in there for 3 days, it hasn't died, but doesn't seem to be growing either. By the way, I mixed 3tsp. per gallon, not tbsp as mentioned in my previous post. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Virginia420

Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 AM

I think you have to mix the micro with the grow or bloom. Which ever you are using but don't mix the grow with the bloom.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 AM

I am new also and using the Flora series nutrients and the FloraGro is one part of a 3 part system, FloraGrow, FloraMicro and FloraBloom. It is in 3 parts for different stages of a plants life so you can adjust the levels according to the plants needs. This link GENERAL HYDROPONICS is a nutrient calculator just enter the information from the drop down windows and how many gallons your system is and it will give you the amount to add of each in ounces or milliliters. The first 3 FloraGro,Micro and Bloom are needed the other 3 are optional for advanced growers I guess.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:26 AM

Smile All 3 needed

You have to mix all 3, and the concentrations change at each stage of plant growth. Make sure your water pH is in the right range - 6.0 is great all around for veges -(for a quick discussion see hydroponica.blogspot.com) and then mix 1.25 mL per gallon of each nutrient into the water, stir/shake then add next. You must have all 3, because there is no 1 single nutrient that works! Plants must have several compounds that will not stabalize together....so a 3 part nutrient will always out perform. Send me an e-mail if you have more questions! as the other poster said..use the GH nutrient calculator or it is also on the back of the bottle. 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) per gallon. You can get a graduated syringe from a pharmacy for free. It will be in mL and uL (microliters). the GH calc will call for 1.5 mL per gallon.

Last edited by Mathmattx; 03-11-2009 at 01:32 AM.