Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

My third system

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 12:53 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Default My third system

So I have been really busy the last few days setting up the third system and moving the second system off the grass.

My third system is an ebb and flow using the blue barrel halves and an old stock tank I lined with plastic. I have a timer set up for 15 minutes on every hour and that is seems to keep everything quite moist. In the far side I have the cantalopes that clogged up the 2nd system and in the closest barrel I have the cuecumbers. I made it with room for two more barrels; which I have cut and ready to go just nothing to put in them yet. So by putting the system right infront of the door in the driveway everybody has to walk arround it so maybe I they will get sick of it and build my freaking greenhouse!

I put a livestock panel hooped over both so they can trellis and if I need to I can add a hammock for the fruit. I still do not have the stock tank covered, but I bought some foam insulation to cut to size and cover. The tank is completely covered and shadded by the barrels.

System 2 is doing ok. I moved the climbing plants to the back and plan on a much more sturdy support for them, but I was tired and just wanted something for them to lean on for the night. I have lost several plants both to heat and earwigs so I boughts some organic neem oil thing that is both a fungicide and insectiside. Says certified organic so I though I would give it a try.

My pumpkins? in the 1st system are doing great, growing crazy fast. I think I can see them grow if I stand there and watch them for awhile. They are drinking about 4 gals of water a day now and the tub is filled w/roots. No way could I lift the lid even if I wanted to.

The blue mess in the background is my sons current project. Besides it wouldn't be Finley if there wasn't some yard art!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponics 008.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1341   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponics 005.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1342   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponics 006.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1343   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponics 004.jpg
Views:	1355
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1344   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponics 001.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1345  

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 07-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.