Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

light set up

Old 12-02-2009, 05:32 AM

Default light set up

I have an areo60 by GH set up in the staggered confirguration. I also have 4 1000watt hps lights .what is the best way to arrange the lights

Thank you

Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 AM

While I'm still new to this and probably not the best person to offer advice on how to set up the lights, I think it is a petty safe bet to say that this isn't really enough information to go on for anyone to make any real valid suggestions. I would imagine it will vary greatly depending on what you're trying to grow and how you're trying to grow it. Perhaps you can provide a little more detail as to what you're trying to accomplish?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 PM

thank you I am trying to grow med. pot and want the best possible yields
Old 12-03-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysrusx View Post
thank you I am trying to grow med. pot and want the best possible yields
I cant say much about artificial lighting because I use natural light myself. But I have grown pot before, many years ago. If the "areo60 by GH" is what I think it is (tubes with 3 or 4 inch baskets in it), I would rethink using it. In nature those plants will get 16 feet tall with the shape of a Christmas tree, and when trimmed and manicured right from the beginning they will be as wide as they are tall like a bush. You can induce budding before they get that tall but you want them to be productive, so you wouldn't want to do it before they get 5-6 feet tall at least. It might be fine for starting them out in but there's no way that will be able to support them, also you would need to space them so far apart that it would make no scene.

I would use 5 gallon buckets designed as in a drip system, and spaced 5 to 6 feet apart. Sounds like a lot of space but that only gives the plants 2 1/2 to 3 feet to grow on each side of the plant, and as I mentioned they will grow quite wide if trimmed and manicured correctly. The last one that we grew was about 4 or 5 feet tall and the same wide. It was so far back I cant remember how much we got off of it in weight, but it lasted the 4 of us and our friends 3 months. The quality is also dependent on how you manicure the buds. Our next door neighbor sold pot and was going to collage for horticulture for a landscaping business he was starting, and tought us how to manicure them for quality.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:01 AM

It has been a while GpsFrontier Screen Of Green (scrog) FTW.