Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

best way to root tomato cuttings?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM

Default best way to root tomato cuttings?

Ron, What is the best way to root tomato cuttings? Will the tomatoes not develop correctly if the cuttings have flowers on them. Im not growing indoors so i can't really adjust the light cycle.

Also, do you have a favorite homemade hydroponic design that I could try building? I'd like to try one that I could keep inside or out in case I decide to grow indoors. I built a decent water culture system as well as a scrappy ebb and flow.

Finally, I'm saving up for a MH light and mover. Where could I get a good deal? Thanks!

Trent San Clemente, CA

Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 AM

With vermiculite. Flowers don't matter. If they fall off they will grow more. You live in California the home of Indoor Grow Stores, You should have no trouble ordering a light close to home for shipping cost consideration.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:01 PM

you can grab a multi tap ware house light for about $30 or so, and a 400 w mh for around $30 also, thats what i did and it works great, make sure you get one with a reflector, if not you can make your own.