Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

The eternal light question

Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willard3 View Post
You, sir, are a poseur and your ignorance is not a virtue.
That's the term - an Ignorant, that wants to look smart by all means. The worst part though, is that it goes at the expense and credibility of others who actually know what they are talking about.

Mobbing and scaring away any knowledgeable contributers keeps him safe from facing the bitter truth.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:33 AM

willard3
Calling me names defeats any purpose, and clearly shows your immature mentality. You obviously cant explain your own statement, and you want to call me ignorant. That's about as funny as it comes. But I guess it must suck when you cant find any creditable facts to support your theory, and you want blame me for that. FYI, bulling me won't work. But that doesn't stop bully's from trying, after all that's all they know how to do (they just haven't learned good social skills). I feel bad that your not able to answer the question and explain your statements, but that's just not my falt.

Quote:
The worst part though, is that it goes at the expense and credibility of others who actually know what they are talking about.
Appointing yourself a knowledgeable contributor, and creditable source simply does not count, anybody can do that (including me if I wanted to). If you had your way, you would be crowned the only person on the planet that knows anything about anything. Just because you don't like it, you simply say that others don't know what they are talking about, like as if you were the only person that did. You simply want to keep other people from giving their opinions if you don't like them, just like a dictator. You simply don't know how to disagree with someone without putting them down.

Even if you did have some "special knowledge", it still doesn't give you license/right to keep others from speaking, and/or treat them with disrespect. That's exactly what you do time and time again without provocation, and you don't see any problem with that. Even if you were given a degree from the university of hydroponics (as you would like to claim), your still a worthless human being because of the lack of respect/courtesy you treat others with. That would just make you a worthless human being with a degree, but still worthless nun the less.

Quote:
Mobbing and scaring away any knowledgeable contributers keeps him safe from facing the bitter truth.
I have nothing to do with the way you were raised, so blaming me for your lack of character is laughable at best. You can cry about it all you want, but you simply need to give respect in order to get respect, something your parents should have taught a long time ago. You can't blame me or the world because they failed at doing that. Now you want to go through life trying to bully people into accepting your abuse, then crying about it if they don't. That's the bitter truth here. Cry all you want to, including all your "Oh woo is me", and "Oh poor me" stuff. Your simply not bright enough to understand the consequences of your actions. If I was your parent that wouldn't be an issue, you would have learned right from wrong as well as respect before you were 10 years old.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 11-28-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:39 AM

Now that that's hopefully over.

I'm wondering, if you're able to put the cfl or other fluorescents (sp?) closer to the canopy does that effect the number of lumens that the plants are able to use? Because if watt for watt the CFL's or fluorescent tubes are just as good because they can be closer, then because of the lack of heat this seems like the best answer.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
m wondering, if you're able to put the cfl or other fluorescents (sp?) closer to the canopy does that effect the number of lumens that the plants are able to use?
Yes, the distance of the light is from the plant canopy defiantly does affects the plants usable lumens. This is true for all artificial lighting. But in the case of florescent, the amount of usable lumens drops off much faster than MH or hps lighting. Therefor floresent lighting should be placed as close as possible without burning the leaves. If it's to hot to hold your hand there it's too hot for the plant, or use a small thermometer to see how warm it is at the top of the plant canopy. Most plants like it around 85 degrees F, however lettuce plants like it cooler, around 75 degrees F.

Quote:
Because if watt for watt the CFL's or fluorescent tubes are just as good because they can be closer, then because of the lack of heat this seems like the best answer.
Watt for watt florescent lighting is NOT as good as HID (MH and/or HPS), but florescent are a good for growing some plants. Mostly low light requirement plants like lettuce. Basically plants that do well in shaded areas, and/or seedlings. But florescent's need to be placed as close to the plant as possible to get the most usable light.