Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

How long should you run the pump?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 AM

Default How long should you run the pump?

I have a six plant syetem like the 11 plant syetem on this site.I would like to ask a question. How long should you run the pump? Does your plant get it food when have your lights on or off? How often should I run my lights with my seedlings? Thank you for all your surport.. Kev

Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 AM

Hello Kev
You only need to let the water rise to the desired height and then drain immediately back to the tank. Do this about every 20 minutes or so when the lights are on. For seedlings 18 to 24 hours of light for vegetative stage.
Ron
Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default flood time

interesting i think you can do almost any thing here i have read so many people do so many different things. i have ebb and flood system and its has the healtheist root system i have ever seen. i just guessed and set it up on 1hour flooding 8 times perday divided up evenly.

Ive done deep water to and its just a flood system that never drains and had very good results to. the list is probably shorter to ask how to kill the plants. i ahve some plants i quit feeding and give terrible light to for a year now and they still keep growing . slowly but surely. i dont even change teh water i just let it refill through evaporization.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:59 PM

The least my timer will do is 15 minutes so I runt it 6 times a day at 15 minutes each. As it gets hotter outside I will have to increase how often I do it.