Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

Hydroponic tomatoes in house not producing

Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Hydroponic tomatoes in house not producing

I am attempting to grow tomatoes in the house in a hydroponic system in my basement. They are off the floor and have cfl above them. The plants are growing fine and putting on, finally, some blooms, but not very many. I have been feeding them. Why are my blooms not producing any fruit. Thanks, Nancy

Old 12-22-2014, 10:35 PM

Hello Nancy,
Their could be a few reasons. First is inefficient pollination. Tomato plants are self pollinating, but they still need cross pollination from the other flowers on the plant to pollinate. Some people just shake the plant a few times a day to stir up the pollen, some people use an electric tooth brush on the back of the flowers to shake the pollen loose. but I think the best and easiest way is just use one or two oscillating fans. The other reason may be stress from temperature, humidity, too much Nitrogen, and/or low light. I'm guessing your cfl light source is insufficient as well.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:38 AM

Red face

Thanks for your reply. Will be checking out your suggestions. Again, Thanks, Nancy
Old 12-29-2014, 07:30 PM

Default Tips on growing tomatoes in grow room.

I have been growing tomatoes in an indoor grow room that I built for 4 years now. My first tip for is to pollinate the blooms with an electric tooth brush once a day about mid-day. Second the plants require lots of light, so how much light are they getting(lumes) and what wave lenght (grow/bloom)? Heat and humidty also play a major role but that is for another discussion. What fertilizer are you using and this the EC, PPM and PH? Do you have a grow room or are the plants in a vast area? Suggest you use reflective metalized film to bounce the light back to the plants. this also keeps the temp warmer in the area and increases the humidity.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 AM

Default Soil, Nutrients, Light

You probably need better lighting: https://ferrymorse.com/collections/h...ght-with-stand

Or nutrients; https://ferrymorse.com/collections/nutrients
Old 10-13-2021, 06:22 AM

Default Latest Drama

Ary Digital Presenting the much-awaited new project Aik Hai Nigar
https://www.arydigital.tv/videos/cat...aik-hai-nigar/