Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

My System

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 PM

Default My System

I built this outdoor aeroponic system using some ideas from a Youtube video. I'm using an 8ft 5X5 fencing post with 11 large 3 inch net pots. I'm growing 10 tomato plants along with 1 watermelon plant. Each plant is separated 8 1/2 inches. Inside I have a 1/2 inch PVC piping with360 degree micro sprayers. I have the sprayers set on a timer 15 on 15 off.

For the reservoir I'm using a cooler which holds 15 gallons of water and nutrients. The tomato plants are around 15 inches tall. I have to add around 1 - 2 gallons of water/nutrients per day depending on the heat. Soon I will have to buy a 150qt cooler when the tomato plants start to get bigger, live and learn right! So far the cooler has worked pretty well with keeping the water temps at a cool level. It has been in the mid 90's for the last 3 days so I add 4 bottles of frozen water around 10 AM and again around 8 PM and it keeps the water temps between 65 - 70 degrees. The plants are doing fine so far.

I will keep everyone up to date to see how this system works or fails.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03874.jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1314   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03876.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1315   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03877.jpg
Views:	954