Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

will that cause sex-reversal?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Default will that cause sex-reversal?

Hey man, its hoobz w/the doobz growing in my closet. I wanted to ask you, I submitted a question earlier this week (1-17-99) about having some plants that are ready for flowering, except for the fact that I cannot afford the hps. You replied - telling me to basically switch the timer to a 12hr period and bud. Remember? WELL-- I had a thought after reading what you wrote; can I give them the 12on/off for a while to find the males, and then put the females BACK INTO veg. until I can afford the HPS? IF SO - will that cause sex-reversal? - will doing so affect potency? I don't want to ruin my beautiful creations if I don't have to...

Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 AM

Yes but don't leave them to long under 12/12 or you will have problems with hermorphindykes.
One of the best tools that I have found for sexing is a $10.00 hand held microscope from Radio Shack made by MICRONTA. You can see your plants sex organs long before you could with the necked eye. Plus any unwanted creatures you may have on your plants.
If you know where to look when your plants are about 20" tall then you don't have to 12/12 them to weed out the males. A good deal for 10 bucks.