Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

Maxigro PH

Old 08-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Default Maxigro PH

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I mixed a 1/4 strength maxigro in distilled water to spray on my newly planted seeds to get them germinating.

After mixing it I tested the PH and it was very acidic. I was wondering if this is common, or if it is something witht he water I used. When I used the tap water the nutrients didn't have as drastic of a change as it did when I used the distilled. I expected it to be acidic, but it was around 5 or lower.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ovendoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamromhem View Post
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I mixed a 1/4 strength maxigro in distilled water to spray on my newly planted seeds to get them germinating.

After mixing it I tested the PH and it was very acidic. I was wondering if this is common, or if it is something witht he water I used. When I used the tap water the nutrients didn't have as drastic of a change as it did when I used the distilled. I expected it to be acidic, but it was around 5 or lower.
are you using test strips or a meter to measure PH?

Doc.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Even though I have never used Maxigrow I have used Fox Farms nutrients and always had to adjust the PH levels whenever I added more nutrients to the reservoir. Now since I started to use Verti-gro never have any problems with PH levels.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM

I use the PH drops. Before and after each use I rinse out the test container to make sure there isnt anything left over from before..

It wasnt a major deal with the PH. It was just an odd observation when using distilled water. I didn't think I would have to use PH up on it lol..