Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Plant grouping/needs

Old 03-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Default Plant grouping/needs

Hello, and good day.

I'm an architecture student and I'm about to graduate. Currently I'm developing my thesis and part of it includes a hidroponics tower for urban production. I've taken courses involving hidroponics, and have a pretty good idea of how it operates, but I have never done it and so have no experience on the practical side of hydroponics.

What I would like to ask from people in the forum is a little help on it: As the tower we've been designing gets slimer as it goes up by floors, the bottom floors are the ones which are most exposed to the sun. I know different plants have different needs, and I would like to propose a distribution of plants throughout the towers' floors taking those needs in consideration. So any table or chart with that kind of information (plant groupings and/or needs) would be very helpfull. Thanks

Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Google companion planting, there are several articles out there
The extra element in hydro is planting like nutrient requirements together. Lettuce and tomatoes do not go in the same system together as lettuce would be waaaaay over fed and the tomatoes would basically starve.

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 04-15-2013 at 08:35 AM.