Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

FLORAMATO DRY question

Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

I just use florescent myself and when you get enough running all you will ever need is exhaust fans.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Ya i def. dont have enough light's as the great ppl on this site have helped me discover.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

I have done lots of research on the different forums and thanks to mr GPS Frontier who suggested I try the Floramato dry, I have decided to go with it. However, my only local store (not really into the veggies side of hydroponics) does not carry it but ordered it in for me. It has been back ordered I hope it will be in by the time I am ready for it.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:46 PM

I was looking at the floramato to try in 1.5 lbs to see how it works. I currenty am using floranova and am happy but it is not cost effective. The biggest problem I have is how unstable he PH is. so it changes very fast with temp adjustments and hard to stabilize. I have switched to flora PH up and down to see if that helps me out it was cheaper then general hydroponics worth a shot I guess and I checked it out on line to see what was in it.

I am building a tank that is insulated and equipped with a heater to maintain temp accurately. so I can maintain my solutions better. I am making my next system a drip system I believe it is a better use of water and better for the plants. but my question is are your drip systems pressurized or gravity feed?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM

I just got my 1.5lbs of FloraMato and wished i had found it sooner. I am loving it and you don't have to hardly use any to get the right PPM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 PM

crad
I'm not sure I understand correctly, but you mentioned having a unstable pH issue. Are you using pH drops, or a pH meter to test it? What type of time frame are you talking, and how much is the pH changing? What pH adjusters are you using now? The GH adjusters should be just fine, and I haven't seen the flora PH adjusters.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
crad
I'm not sure I understand correctly, but you mentioned having a unstable pH issue. Are you using pH drops, or a pH meter to test it? What type of time frame are you talking, and how much is the pH changing? What pH adjusters are you using now? The GH adjusters should be just fine, and I haven't seen the flora PH adjusters.
I have both drops and the digital test which I really like. my nutrient solution was changing a full point everyday be at 7.22 1djust it to around 6 and back to 7 the next day it was weird.

I got my floramato 1.5 lb container from the supplier I use as they were discontinuing it for 5 dollars a tub bought all they had 7 containers.

Last edited by crad; 06-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:20 AM

crad
I didn't see this post before I replied to the other one. But going from a pH os 6 to 7 in 24 hours isn't normal. But you mention you have both a meter and pH drops, do you test with both of them to check the accuracy of the electric meter (and get the same results with both)?
Old 06-19-2011, 08:50 AM

yes I use both and do have faith in the digital. I like the accuracy with the digital as you get down in the five range and lower the colors are real close between 4 and 5 so i feel not as accurate as the digital. The flora nova I use gives the solution a brown tint and it affects the coloring of the test not a lot but yet enough. the digital has been good and yes you are correct it needs more attention but it is very stable. I clean it every use in fresh water before and after test. I store it in 7.0 calibration solution, and I verify its accuracy when ever I feel I need too, have only had to calibrate it once. custom made some containers for solution storage and other little things like that but once done very easy to use and verify.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Since moving my stuff outside, my PH has been going up dramatically. Everything i've been reading is telling me my water container isn't big enough for all the plant's. I'll be switching it out soon to see if that helps.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Did ya see they discontinued the FLORMATA dry? See my last post for the response GH sent me.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Well that stinks, hopefully they rebrand it quick, i'm good for now. Might start looking tho and see what i can get bought up.