Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

Buying growrocks

Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 AM

Default Buying growrocks

I _tried_ the Dogstar site. Initially, the hydroton price looked OK. I tried the "hydroponics" code the owner provided... it did not result in any discount. I then tried another code he provides in his "news" -- I got a 5% discount. OK, better than NOTHING. Then, the fun part. Shipping: $25.24. Let me see... $30 for the hydroton, $25 for the shipping. The shipping ups the price by 85%. I know it's UPS's fault, but "No thanks!" Geeze... you'd think that UPS would figure it out. It just ain't gonna happen, that's for sure. Perlite, here I come.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 AM

Buying growrocks have been a problem for me for years because of the weight. I had to drive 120 miles ever time to get it to save the UPS shipping charges. Now I found a source 20 miles away.
I got an e-mail from a guy from China that wanted to know if I wanted to buy a cargo container of growrocks from them. I said sure send it over. I have yet to receive it. Can't speak Chinese and I ain't got enough yen.