Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

Wal-Mart power head pump

Old 02-12-2009, 03:02 AM

Default Wal-Mart power head pump

Just a question about the Wal-Mart power head pump. I purchased one of these the other day, and wondering if someone could tell me the best way to modify the output to accept a hose. It's a 170 gph one that I plan to use with a small drip system that I am making that's similar to the 11 plant garden except that it drips from the top instead of flooding. And Ron I just wanted to say that this is a great site, and as current US Marine, I totally agree with everything you believe about the way American life should be. I mean, even though I am in the military, I think the government needs to pull it's head out of it's ass, and start worrying about things that really matter.
Thanks, Darren

Old 02-12-2009, 03:02 AM

Yes I used that kind for years and I am still using them. What you have to do is take a box cutter knife and trim that round ring around the pump out take. That will reduce the size but also makes it a square hose connector but a 1/2 inch soft rubber hose can be slipped over the square connector. You might have to put a small clamp or wire to keep it their.