Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

Help!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:31 PM

Unhappy Help!

I need help!

So, I bought the Caddy, which is the cabinet with 2 led UFOS, and a chamber with an aerated drip system, and a fogger.

I got a couple nice plants, about 8" tall. They were in a starter, it's maybe wool? I packed them with the wool (they had lots of roots) into the clay balls. I washed the balls first.

I got deionized water (my home water was 500 ppm, too high), got the levels up to 400 ppm with Moon Dust. I read lots on this, and saw lots of different recommended levels. For small plants, most recommended around 400-800 ppm. I recently put the levels up to 800.

I balanced pH to somewhere around 6.5-7.

Temperature has been good. Doesn't go below 70 at night, and 85 in day.

Fans are blowing fresh air full time.

lights are on 24/7. Placed about 1 foot above the plants.

So, there seem to be TONS of new leaves growing from the nodes. But they are kinda curling down.

And the plant isn't getting taller at all. It's been over a week. Slowly, the bottom leaves have been dying. On the two plants, the lower leaves have been turning yellow.

Help! What am I doing wrong?!

I covered the extra plant holes on the lid with plastic to keep the fog inside with the roots. Is this correct?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_06951.JPG
Views:	620
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	760   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_06961.JPG
Views:	620
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	761   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_06971.JPG
Views:	616
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	762  
Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
So, there seem to be TONS of new leaves growing from the nodes. But they are kinda curling down.
From what I have read about led lights, leaves curling down is pretty normal. And yes you want to keep the fog down into the root system. I'm not familiar with moon dust and/or ppm levels of it. I don't even use a PPM or TDS meter myself. I would need to look into deionized water, I'm not positive about the process. However I think the end result is quite similar to RO water, if so that shouldn't be a problem.