Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

started my flowering cycle

Old 02-03-2009, 02:55 AM

Default started my flowering cycle

ron,

hi there. i have used your advice several times for my first hydro system, and have a few questions now that ive started my flowering cycle. i have a continues flow pvc pipe system. the plants have grown up to this point with continuous light 24 hrs a day. i have switched to 12on/12off. is this ok for flowering?

ive changed to a high phosphors. nutrient solution. im keeping the same lights basic no frills but have worked so far). what's the easiest way to tell which plants are male/female these first couple of weeks.

can i keep my continuous water flow i have plenty of o2. what's the time frame from flowering to picking the buds?

any other tips on this stage would be great. like i said this is my first time, its more of a little science project than anything. ive only used miracle grow, miracle grow bloomers, and some cheap but effective lighting. so far its gone pretty well considering what ive used. i'd be happy just to see a few buds grow. the plants are about 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall, well ventilated, and surrounded by foil. didn't mean to leave a book. as always YOU THE MAN. TOMMY TWO TOKE

Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 AM

It's not only ok but the only way to trigger flowering.

You watch for one or two white hairs to spout from a club shaped sprout behind each branch for females but if they start to droop like your balls with no white hairs then you know you got a male.

Depends on the strain but the average is from 6 to 12 weeks.