Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

FLORAMATO DRY question

Old 03-23-2010, 12:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default FLORAMATO DRY question

what does it cost to use this product over buying it in liquid. now i use the 3 part but i'm in bloom for ever on every thing so it looks like this would be a better choice. I cant find the ratio to mix it so i can calculate its cost difference.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
I cant find the ratio to mix it so i can calculate its cost difference.
I would e-mail General Hydroponics tech support directly, they should be able to tell you the mixing amounts. I have never used it myself but they always get back to me quickly. tech@genhydro.com
Old 03-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Default gps thanks

Andy got right back to me at that link.

All mixing ratios can be found on the label. Normal application is 1tsp/gal. FloraMato Dry in 1.5 lb buckets retails for $15.34 so it will be considerably cheaper than the 3 part.

looks like 16lbs is about 115$ so i'm going to give this a try and see if i can cut down on my food bill.

Any one adding b1 vitamins to there GH or is that already there. I have great growth and every thing is happy just wondering what every one else is up to.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 AM

Cool, Andy is pretty good about getting back to you, though he dosen't usually work on weekends, and if you e-mail late Friday or Saturday, it sometimes takes a while for them to get through all the e-mails left on the weekend. I have Neil's direct work e-mail, but don't want to give it out without permission.

Anyway, I have thought about using the FloraMato Dry also. I'd be interested in knowing how much it cuts down your food bill, and how well it works when you try it. I to am trying to cut operational costs, and looking at other alternatives. If memory serves me correctly I was trying to figure out the same thing, I just couldn't figure out how many tsp were in 1.5 pounds, thus how many gallons it will make. The retailer I was talking to couldn't help me with that either. To be honest I never thought about e-mailing GH the question, I guess just because they are not the retailer.

I am very happy with General Hydroponics products, but I think the liquid cost so much because it is a liquid, adding to shipping. Not just to the consumer, but the retailer needs to pay shipping to them also, they just tack that onto the retail price. You just wind up paying to ship the water all over the place.

P.S. If I remember correctly B1 is used to promote healthy roots, especially in transplants. You can always e-mail GH about that also.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 03-24-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 AM

Default powder food

so there set up for one tablespoon per gallon and if your using a drain to waist system i can see why the info is not out there. I think i'm going to mix it up more like the bottle stuff and add it with my nutrient pump just as i do now but with the simplicty of one nutrient.

To keep it simple i am going to toss a small pond pump in 5 gallon bucket and just leave it on to circualte and blend the powder inot the liquid state and them pump it from there to top off my tanks according to the PPM meter.

I really wish i could afford a grwo tronix ppm meter so i could have it dosing for me. my system is right in at 250 to 300 ppm so i think i can keep it close by dosing about that much every day and correcting once a week. i think i can dial this in pretty close.

looking at the GH label its 6 tsp per gallon to be in the bloom or ripening which is what the floramato is suppose to be at. !tsp per gallon of the powder is all that is required for teh same thing.

There are three teaspoons (tsp.) in a tablespoon.

There are two tablespoons (tbs.) in an ounce.

3tsp x 2 = 1oz or 6 tsp

32 oz in a quart x 4 = 128oz or 1 gallon

6tsp x 128oz = 768 tsp

per gal about $35 dollars buying by the gallon
--------------------------------------------------------------

Convert 49 tsp to 1 oz. i found this for granulated sugar which should be close in weight?

49tsp x 16oz in 1 lb = 784

12,544 tsp for a 16 lb container at $118
------------------------------------------------------------------
1lb of powder seems to be about the same as 1 gallon of liquid

depending on how you buy the powder it is $7 to 10 per lb

so its about 3/5 times less than the cost of liquid

Last edited by watercatwn6535nd; 03-25-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: math sucks
Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 AM

I use flora series nutrient, and I mix it at 10mL per gallon of each.

5 mL per tsp
15 mL per tbs
1 cup (8oz) is 237mL
16 cups in a gallon = 3792mL per gallon
3792 divided by 10 (mL per gallon) = 379.2
Or simply 380 gallons of nutrient solution I get from buying the one gallon containers of the liquid.

tsb is a volume measurement, and 1.5 pounds is a weight, so there is no way to do a comparison without knowing the density. That's probably the reason the retailer wasn't able to help me figure it out. Assuming it has the same density (weight) as sugar and the conversion is correct, those figures might indeed be correct. But How do you get 2304 gallons of nutrient solution out of 3792 mL of concentrate? That is less than 2 mL per gallon in the nutrient selution. Are you using the FLORANOVA series? If so it's about 3 times as expensive as the flora series, at about $85 x3= $255. it males more but it is not under $100 for all 3 anywhere I know of.